VOLUNTEER SERVICE FOR HOSPITALS PINK LADIES
We are a non-government organization founded in 1959 as a non-profit civil association.
We are a volunteer organization committed to accompanying the hospital community (professionals, patients and their families). Our purpose is to facilitate and improve the everyday life of patients in hospital.
We aim to model ‘best practice’ in every aspect of hospital volunteering. We are improving and expanding tasks developed in the field of health, covering wider care needs as we train and empower volunteers for this work.
We develop volunteering throughout seven hospitals, covering different hospitalization services and assisting outpatients according to each hospital´s requests.
We also work in an Early Learning and Childhood Development Center.
We implemented the primary model of a Residence for Mothers, a place where mothers can live during the admission of their babies.
The Pan American Health Organization has commended our work, and designated it as a suitable model for Latin America.
All this is made possible thanks to the fees contributed by our volunteers, donations and the proceeds of organized benefit events.
Every year we donate hi-tech equipment to the hospitals within which we work.
OVER 400 VOLUNTEERS WORK AS A TEAM, ADDING EFFORT AND CAPACITY IN ORDER TO ASSIST PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
OUR DAY BY DAY WORK
- Assistance in bottle feeding stations at the San Isidro Hospital for Mothers and Children.
- Distribute infant formula milk.
- Administrate a medication resource for out-patients of all ages.
- Provide daily expenses (e.g. for transport) to pregnant women and children so that they may attend follow-up consultations.
- Provide such needs for newborns as clothes, hygiene items, cots and strollers.
- Participate in the follow-up and support of teenage mothers, children with special needs, premature babies and high risk births.
- Accompany patients in the delivery room and receive newborn babies.
- Offer informative talks on health, hygiene and education to mothers in our Residence, along with provision of personal care products.
- Prepare special gifts for Child´s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas and other celebratory events.
- Organize training courses and seminars for our volunteers.
- Offer wheelchairs and other orthopedic elements to outpatients.
- Sewing workshops make towels, sheets and sleepwear for babies and adults.
- Assist hospitalized patients by feeding them and helping them with their personal hygiene.
We work in:
SAN ISIDRO A.C. of BUENOS AIRES
Central Hospital Dr. Melchor Posse
Bernardino Rivadavia Hospital
Ramòn Sardà Maternity Hospital for Mothers and Children
Early Learning and Childhood Development Center “EL Nido” Dr. Juan A. Fernández Hospital
Dr. Cosme Argerich Hospital Italian Hospital
OUR ORGANISATION – SOME STATISTICS
- 62.000 patients assisted in over fifty consulting rooms
- 427 inpatients assisted by volunteers
- 1.550 mothers helped during delivery of their babies
- 2.720 mothers in our Residence for Mothers receive assistance
- 8.200 newborn babies attended to and their basic needs provided for
- 2.000 patients receive medication at no cost
- 3.400 garments are made for hospital used by babies and adults
OVER 4.500.000 HOURS DONATED BY OUR VOLUNTEERS
For more information, please visit our web page: www.damasrosadas.org.ar
Uriburu 439 Beccar, Pcia. de Buenos Aires.
054 11 4743-0677.Mail: email@example.com
Personería Jurídica Matrícula Nro. 498
Registro Nacional de Instituciones Nro. 5974/69
Registro entidades de bien público (Prov. de Bs. As.) Nro.71/68
Registro Municipalidad de San Isidro Decreto Nro. 1586/67
CUIT Nro. 30-54442498-6